Have you applied for a New MEPCO Connection and paid the installation charges? The next step is to track your application and Demand Notice status online or by visiting Customer Care Center. However, doing MEPCO Demand Notice Tracking online is easier and more time-efficient, which involves only a few steps to follow. So, let’s look at how to check the status of your new meter application and track the demand notice MEPCO online!
How to do MEPCO Demand Notice Tracking Online?
To apply for a new electricity meter due to your shifting to a new location or to manage the excess load, the first step is to get the application form from the nearest Customer Care Center or download it from different websites, such as the official FESCO website or Electricity New Connection portal (ENC).
Next, you will fill out the application form, attach the required documents, and submit the application to the MEPCO office. Also, you need to pay the demand notice fee through Bank or other available options to complete the application procedure.
Read the article for complete details: How to apply for a new meter connection?
After completing the application procedure, you will be given a specific time frame for the meter installation. However, sometimes you cannot get the meter installed in the set time duration. So, knowing how to track your application and DN online is essential to avoid the hassle and multiple visits to the MEPCO office.
Therefore, in this article, we have mentioned the quick ways by which you can help MEPCO customers to check the status of their application and demand notices online. So, let’s explore these methods!
MEPCO Demand Notice Tracking through ENC Portal
MEPCO Demand Notice is a legal document or Challan form issued by Multan Electric Power Company to customers when they apply for a new meter connection. For ENC Tracking of the demand notice, MEPCO consumers can follow the below simple steps:
- Go to the Electricity New Connection official portal at http://enc.com.pk/ and click the ‘Track’ tab on the left side of the display.
- Two options will appear on the screen; New Connection and Change of Load/Tariff/Name. Select the New Connection option to check the status of your application.
- Select ‘MEPCO’ as Electricity Distribution Company from the drop-down menu, add your Application Number or Tracking ID in the input field, and press ‘Submit’. MEPCO staff provides this tracking id to every applicant while applying for a new meter connection.
- The ENC application status for the Demand Notice issuance will appear on the screen. If the company has issued your DN, print it, pay the Demand Notice fee, and submit the receipt to the corresponding office.
How to Download and Print the MEPCO New Connection Demand Notice?
MEPCO consumers can easily download the Demand Notice and take its printout online via ENC official portal by following the below steps:
- Visit the ENC Portal as discussed above and click the ‘Print DN (Demand Notice)’ tab.
- Select the ‘New Connection’ option and choose your Electricity-providing Company from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Tracking ID or CNIC in the provided space and press submit icon.
- All the details about your new connection application and the Demand Notice form will appear on the screen. For MEPCO new connection demand notice print, click the ‘Print DN’ option, download the form in PDF, and take its printout.
- You can also pay the Demand Notice fee at the ENC portal and upload the receipt online.
What is MEPCO Demand Notice Tracking ID for New Electricity Connection?
A Tracking ID or Application Number is provided by MEPCO staff to electricity consumers while applying for a new electricity connection. This unique ID is used to track the status of your application or Demand Notice through official MEPCO websites or portals.
MEPCO Demand Notice Fee 2023: WAPDA New Connection Charges
Demand Notice charges may vary for each Distribution Company and type of electricity connection, i.e., Residential, industrial, or agricultural connection. MEPCO new connection Demand Notice fee for Domestic/residential meter connection is Rs. 5000/ in 2023, including all the additional charges and tax amount.
However, the charges are variable and change with the fluctuation in the Fuel Price set by NEPRA. You can check the charges for new meters from the official website of your Distribution Company, such as FESCO, MEPCO, LESCO, etc. Moreover, MEPCO allows customers to pay the Demand Notice fee simultaneously or monthly.
Usually, WAPDA charges the following fee to domestic and industrial meter connections of different Distribution Companies’ consumers:
- Single Phase Connection: Rs. 4000-9000
- 3-Phase Connection: Rs. 8000-15000
How to pay the Demand Notice Fee for the new MEPCO Connection?
MEPCO consumers can pay the Demand Notice charges in the nearest Bank branches of SBP, NBP, ABL, MBL, FBL, or any other bank the company allows. Moreover, you can also pay the DN fee online through internet banking, an ENC portal or Android Apps, such as Easypaisa or JazzCash app.
There are multiple online ways for MEPCO Demand Notice Tracking. Still, the most common method is tracking the DN from the official website of MEPCO or the Electricity New Connection Portal (ENC). If you face any difficulty in using the ENC user portal, you can contact MEPCO complaint cell or the Focal Person for guidance.